Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Writing Friend

Everyone needs a writing friend,
To offer support that never ends.
So here is that friend just for you,
To act as your critic and also your muse.

During those times you’re in a slump,
Talk to your friend to get over that hump.
The words may come and they may go.
Your friend’s presence may speed up the flow.

Enjoy the softness of your colorful friend,
While you are using the attached ink pen.
Write down those seeds before they escape,
So you can write a piece at some later date.
(poem given to my students along with a mini-stuffed animal)

1 comment:

  1. That is so true. We'll have to encourage each other via our blogs. Blogging has kept me focused on writing every day (as you can see by the # of posts on my blog). It's a very good thing for me. Hope you like it too. I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete