Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Picnic Lunch

Potato salad, fruit salad, some coleslaw too.
Along with fried chicken and a biscuit to chew.
A pretty cotton napkin, fork, knife, and spoon,
Spread out on a colored cloth to eat around noon.
Oh, what did I forget, let me think.
I remember now, an icy cold drink.
There’s nothing like a picnic lunch to give the day a spark.
No matter if it is at home or at the local park.


Try to get a few more picnics in before the end of summer. But then again, who said picnics are only for the summer?

1 comment:

  1. Barbara---I am always amazed by your ability to rhyme (and it doesn't sound forced), to keep the rhythm right, and to view ordinary things in an extraordinary way. When I was a kid, when it rained on a Saturday or Sunday, we would occasionally have an indoor picnic. We'd spread a blanket out on the familyroom floor and sit on the floor and eat. (We had a fireplace so if the weather was cold, we'd have a fire going and roast hot dogs and make s'mores for our picnic.)Great memories...(I had to remove the comment I'd made before--this same one--because I did not check it carefully before I posted it, and had said "a indoor picnic." Yikes!)

    ReplyDelete