Sunday, June 6, 2010

OUCH!

Here's a math problem for you: what do you get when you add a bike, a downhill direction, failed brakes, and a metal signpost? You are correct-3 broken ribs!!! I am soooooo thankful because the outcome could have been even more devastating. I spent Thursday evening in the ER from 9p.m. to 7:30 a.m.Then I was admitted to a regular room. The concern was if anything had been punctured. Plus to keep an eye on my breathing. One of the main complications with broken ribs is pneumonia. When ribs are injured, a person doesn't breathe deeply and pneumonia could be the next step. Around 5, the doctor said I could go home. He gave me some strong meds and a followup appointment.Even having gone through labor and delivery 3 times, this pain was off the charts. More to come.It's time for some pain pills.

1 comment: