Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust

One of my end of the year projects is to transfer all of my addresses into a fresh book. Simple, right? I have gone to several stores in search of an address book. You know the kind-pages with the alphabet going down the sides of the pages. Who would have thought this item would have been so hard to find? I asked an associate at the local office supply store for assistance. His facial expression told me what I did not want to hear. He said, "Well, you know we are in the digital age now." It is not profitable for these little books to be made any more. This was his reasoning which I could accept, but I was very disappointed to think that another handy tool was already obsolete.
What handy dandy item are you missing due to the digital age revolution?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Barb! Those still can be found! I've seen (and purchased!) some at Barnes & Noble, Walgreens and Home Goods, to name a few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one tool I am NOT missing is the road map, with the folds that can never be replicated. I admit, a GPS device can be quite handy, and since I cannot find my way out of a paper bag, I welcome this new technology.

    I miss phones that just are used to call people. I can even accept cell phones, but with all the "apps" and abilities that come with cell phones today, it makes us--in my opinion--more isolated and and connected in a disjointed way. (I know I am in the minority.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Barb, I came over from Donna's blog. I'm trying my best to stay up with technology. My son does a good job explaining it all to me, but I believe there will always be a place for paper and pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Barb,
    I'm holding on to my address books from the 1980s. I'm afraid to toss them.
    Donna v.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT?! I rely on those address books!

    You know what I miss? Regular, affordable cameras. I don't want to download everything. Sometimes I just want to take it somewhere, have two copies made like I used to (to share) and be done with it! Is that too much?!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete